At Vestd we’re transforming a world dominated by ‘Capital’, to one which more fairly recognises the value, effort and contribution every team member makes to the success of a business.
We’ve built the UK’s first shares and equity management platform for SMEs and we make it easy for business owners to issue shares and options; compliantly, affordably and without all the usual headaches.
We’re looking for a user experience designer to join our distributed team and take ownership of the way our customers interact with Vestd’s digital app and services. You’ll be joining a team who passionately believe in the power of sharing ownership where you’ll have the opportunity to really make your mark as we continue to grow.
Who you are
Being part of a startup means being open and keen to work on everything from app support to identify opportunities for better services, speaking to customers to understand their needs, working with the Product owner to organise work priorities that will give customers the most value whilst having an eye on the future and where we want to go.
You understand the relationship between service and product design, can document them in a way that is easy to communicate with a non-technical audience and have a desire to engage and develop both.
Your understanding of how to define what research fits user needs means you are able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
Experienced in using a variety of methods of prototyping. You want to share best practices and can coach others. You look at strategic service design end to end.
Able to listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders, and interpret between them, you can manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, capable of proactive and reactive communication. Facilitates difficult discussions within the team.
Engages in varying types of feedback choosing the right type at the appropriate time and ensuring the discussion and decision sticks. You know when to let go of your darlings.
This position requires a truly multi-disciplinary person. You will plan, design and carry out user research to gain a deep understanding of the people that use Vestd services.
As the sole designer within the company you will be expected to turn this insight into action, defining solutions, and providing direction on how to deliver great services and products to our customers.
You will be
- Defining and prioritising product improvements and new items to meet customer needs
- Working with the Product owner to conceptualise and plan against the company vision
- Manage your own research, discovery and design schedule
- Developing UX practices and methods, and work with everyone to roll them out through the business
- 5+ years of commercial experience as a UX Designer
- Portfolio/CV that demonstrates both strategic and tactical work as a UX practitioner
- Capable of producing and managing your own workstream
Bonus skills and attributes
- Understanding shares and equity, how UK limited companies are generally structured and the types of share schemes SME's typically use
- Experience of living lean in startup environments
- Have worked as part of a distributed team in the past
- Worked as part of a product team
- Worked on B2B products and services
Why work for Vestd?
- We’re a small team doing very big things! Your work will make a huge impact and your voice will be heard.
- Help us create a more equitable future where more people have the opportunity to become owners through the creative contribution they make to businesses
- Competitive salary
- Flexible environment: We’re a remote team who meet in person every 2 weeks in either London or Brighton
- Plenty of trust, autonomy (with support where you need it of course) and freedom to do great work
- Team retreats twice a year
- Equity (of course!) and the chance to share in the success of what we build together
The salary will be based on the experience of the right person. There is a big opportunity to grow with the Vestd business. We’re looking for somebody with initiative who can see both the business and their own growth path. We can’t wait to hear from you.