Vestd is the UK’s first and only regulated employee share scheme & equity management platform for SMEs. It is used to distribute equity to key people in a straightforward, compliant, affordable manner.
All customers have access to its core features: digital equity management, the ability to issue shares & options instantly, a real time cap table, legal docs, the option scheme designer and shareholder dashboards.
The platform is comprehensively integrated with Companies House, which makes it the most advanced and only fully digital share scheme platform in the UK.
We’re looking for a Product Manager, capable of managing the Vestd product through a period of rapid growth. You’ll become a key member of our remote team, and will sit right at the heart of helping us deliver on our vision for the business.
You’ll be one of the first 20 people to join a team that passionately believes in the power of sharing ownership. As such this is a fantastic opportunity to really make your mark as we continue to scale up.
You’re someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. Your peers would describe you as a lifelong learner, immersed in product thinking, who loves solving complex problems. You are a team player, interested in different perspectives and you lead by example.
The product team currently consists of a team of engineers and our COO. We currently work on two week sprint cycles.
As our first product manager, you’ll work closely with the CEO/COO, the development team, and own every stage of the product, from ideation to launch and analysis. You’ll define product goals, test performance and ensure that we stay on track.
You will have worked with one or more rapidly scaling B2B SaaS businesses in a product capacity and will bring considerable insight into the product development team. Your approach is to take problems, break them down into the smallest MVP and ship them fast to learn and iterate rapidly.
You’ll understand the importance of working across, and collaborating with, all areas of a business (including Development, Customer Success and Sales) to deliver a great product.
You’ll care about the landscape we operate in, the company direction, our user’s needs and how to prioritise them.
You will be comfortable working in a complex area, where regulatory, legal or tax issues impact considerably on product development and delivery.
- You will take overall responsibility for the Vestd product, working with all areas of the business to support our service to customers.
- Determine customers' needs by defining and conducting the research to answer these questions.
- Continually review the product features against the business and customer requirements, and identify new features or changes to existing features.
- Keep up to date with the political and financial landscape in the areas where Vestd operates to assess opportunities and risks for the company.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's products to competitors' products.
- Assess and define development priorities for the product, working closely with all other teams.
- Become the company expert in the Vestd product, its utility, and how it is used both by our customers and our team, in order to deliver the overall Vestd service and vision.
- 5 years previous experience in a fast-growing digital business environment.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant product experience.
- Significant research experience in relation to product user experience optimisation.
- Experience launching products without dedicated UX and design resources.
- Skilled at developing relationships across all business disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Great problem solver.
- Comfortable working remotely and as part of a remote team.
- Brilliant at prioritisation.
Bonus skills and attributes
- UX / design experience.
- Understanding shares and equity, how UK limited companies are generally structured and the types of share schemes SMEs typically use.
- Experience with Hubspot and its reporting capabilities.
What you can expect
Vestd is a fast-growing, progressive startup with big ambitions, so you can expect to wear plenty of different hats on your journey with us.
We are a diverse team with a strong work ethic, and everybody here passionately believes in the power of sharing ownership.
Customers love our innovative product and the support that they receive, which makes working here very rewarding.
Our team works remotely, so you will have plenty of flexibility in terms of where, when and how you work. What matters most is your contribution. We will give you as much support as you need along the way, though you should have a strong desire for autonomy, which is one of our company values.
You’ll learn a huge amount from people who have decades of combined experience building successful businesses. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of shares and equity and you’ll get to understand the inner workings of some of the most interesting SMEs in the UK.
Why work for Vestd?
We’re a small team doing very big things. Your work will make a huge impact and your voice will be heard.
Here are some of the main reasons why people like working at Vestd:
- Flexible environment: we’re a remote team (we run a daily video standup, plus regular in person meetups).
- Competitive salary.
- Equity (of course!) and the chance to share in the success of what we build together.
- Plenty of trust, autonomy and freedom to do great work.
- Team retreats twice a year.
- We believe in lifelong learning and you’ll get time and budget for training and conferences.
- Help us create a more equitable future where more people have a slice of the action.
The salary will be based on the experience of the right person, probably between £50k and £60k.
There is a big opportunity to grow with the Vestd business. We’re looking for somebody with initiative who can see both the business and their own growth path.
If all that sounds like music to your ears then we can't wait to hear from you.