Vestd is the UK’s first and only regulated employee share scheme & equity management platform for SMEs. It is used to distribute equity to key people in a straightforward, compliant, affordable manner.
All customers have access to its core features: digital equity management, the ability to issue shares & options instantly, a real time cap table, legal docs, the option scheme designer and shareholder dashboards.
The platform is comprehensively integrated with Companies House, which makes it the most advanced and only fully digital share scheme platform in the UK.
We’re looking for an Equity Adviser to join our remote team and become a key member of our growth team.
You’ll be one of the first 20 people to join a team that passionately believes in the power of sharing ownership. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make your mark as we continue to scale up.
You will probably be (or have been) an accountant or part of an in-house finance team. You will be very sound technically and also numerate, and will enjoy the complexities of the job, but might not like the nature of the working environment.
Do you long to work in a much more dynamic business and role, where you are able to demonstrate your knowledge and influencing skills with a range of business leaders on a day to day basis?
We are looking for someone who can drive business development, which means quickly getting up to speed with the very specialised nature of our product and marketplace.
You need to be digitally fluent and may have worked with - or for - high growth B2B SaaS business. We’re looking for someone who will also help refine and develop our internal processes to help improve the way we work, and our effectiveness.
You must relish the autonomy and accountability that comes with this role, and will thrive in dealing with C-level customers (typically CEOs, COOs and CFOs) in high growth companies.
Your efforts will help increase our customer base through remote-based consultations, and you will also be able to contribute to the development of our outbound marketing processes to increase leads and reduce CPA.
So if you’re a results driven, seasoned financial professional, who aspires to broaden their skillset in a new and exciting business, then this role could be a really great fit.
The salary range for this position is £45k-£50k.
- Consultative calls with prospects focusing on their needs and highlighting key areas of the Vestd platform and what sets us apart from competitors.
- Demoing the platform.
- Onboarding prospects onto the Vestd platform ensuring their corporate governance is accurately reflected.
- Ongoing, regular communication with prospects.
- Attending events to represent Vestd, including networking and exhibiting.
- Meeting with clients/prospects when required.
- Assisting marketing in outbound lead generation and sales activity.
- Reinforcement of Vestd’s values, culture and identity in all communication (internal and external, written and verbal).
- Identifying opportunities for improvement to enhance sales processes and operational efficiency.
- Minimum of three years experience in an accounting or financial environment.
- Strong personal skills in consulting and sales/business development.
- Ability to understand and empathise with customers and prospects.
- Experience of developing relationships with C-level business leaders.
- First rate communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- A great problem solver that loves to help other people.
- Comfortable working remotely and as part of a remote team.
- Brilliant at prioritisation.
- Experience of working in digital.
- Must thrive on continuous learning.
Bonus skills and attributes
- Understanding shares and equity, how UK limited companies are generally structured and the types of share schemes SMEs typically use.
- A strong existing network of C-level contacts at UK SMEs.
What you can expect
Vestd is a fast-growing, progressive startup with big ambitions, so you can expect to wear plenty of different hats on your journey with us. We are a diverse team with a strong work ethic, and everybody here passionately believes in the power of sharing ownership.
Customers love our innovative product and the support that they receive, which makes working here very rewarding.
Our team works remotely, so you will have plenty of flexibility in terms of where, when and how you work. What matters most is your contribution. We will give you as much support as you need along the way, though you should have a strong desire for autonomy, which is one of our company values.
You’ll learn a huge amount from people who have decades of combined experience building successful businesses. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of shares and equity and you’ll get to understand the inner workings of some of the most interesting SMEs in the UK.
Why work for Vestd?
We’re a small team doing very big things. Your work will make a huge impact and your voice will be heard.
Here are some of the main reasons why people like working at Vestd:
- Flexible environment: we’re a remote team (we run a daily video standup, plus regular in person meetups).
- Competitive salary.
- Equity (of course!) and the chance to share in the success of what we build together.
- Plenty of trust, autonomy and freedom to do great work.
- Team retreats twice a year.
- We believe in lifelong learning and you’ll get time and budget for training and conferences.
- Help us create a more equitable future where more people have a slice of the action.
This is a huge opportunity to grow with the Vestd business, which is scaling up quickly. We’re looking for somebody with initiative who can see both the business and their own growth path.
If all that sounds like a good fit then we can’t wait to hear from you.