We are the UK’s first and only regulated employee share scheme & equity management platform for SMEs and we make it easy for business owners to distribute equity to their teams in a compliant and affordable way.
Our platform allows customers to access core features: digital equity management, the ability to issue shares & options instantly, a real time cap table, legal docs, the option scheme designer and shareholder dashboards. As it is comprehensively integrated with Companies House, this makes it the most advanced and only fully digital share scheme platform in the UK.
We are transforming the way our customers reward their teams by fairly recognising the value, effort and contribution each makes to the success of a business
We are a progressive start-up, with big ambitions and growing fast. We have hundreds of customers and are looking to fill a number of new roles.
About the role
As a Business Development Manager you will be a key member of our marketing / growth team. You’ll be one of the first 25 people to join a team that passionately believes in the power of sharing ownership. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make your mark as we continue to scale up.
As part of our growth strategy you will handle consultative calls with prospects focusing on their needs, highlighting key areas of the Vestd platform and what sets us apart from our competitors.
You will be attending events to represent Vestd, including networking and exhibiting, follow up meetings with clients/prospects when required. Assisting marketing in outbound lead generation and sales activity. Identifying opportunities for improvement to enhance sales processes and operational efficiency.
With previous experience in a fast growing environment, you will have a proven track record of being part of a growing B2B SaaS business. We are looking for someone who will drive business development, which means quickly getting up to speed with the very specialised nature of our product and marketplace.
You will also help refine and develop our internal processes to help us improve the way we work, and our effectiveness. Your efforts will help increase our customer base through remote-based sales, and you will contribute to the development of our outbound marketing processes to increase leads and reduce CPA.
You must relish the autonomy and accountability that comes with this role, and will thrive in dealing with C-level customers (typically CEOs, COOs and CFOs) in high growth companies.
If you’re a results driven, seasoned business development or sales professional, comfortable with dealing with experienced company leaders, then this role could be a great fit.
About your skills and experience
- Minimum of five years sales/business development.
- Ability to understand and empathise with customers and prospects.
- Experience of developing relationships with C-level business leaders.
- First rate communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- A great problem solver that loves to help other people.
- Comfortable working remotely and as part of a remote team.
- Experience of working with sales automation software, and digital
- Brilliant at prioritisation.
- Must thrive on continuous learning
Bonus skills and attributes
- Understanding shares and equity, how UK limited companies are generally structured and the types of share schemes SMEs typically use.
- A strong existing network of C-level contacts at UK SMEs
About the rewards
Vestd is a fast-growing, progressive start-up with big ambitions, so you can expect to wear plenty of different hats on your journey with us. We are a diverse team with a strong work ethic, and everybody here passionately believes in the power of sharing ownership.
Our team works remotely, so you will have plenty of flexibility in terms of where, when and how you work. What matters most is your contribution. We will give you as much support as you need along the way, though you should have a strong desire for autonomy, which is one of our company values.
You’ll learn a huge amount from people who have decades of combined experience building successful businesses. We’re a small team doing very big things. Your work will make a huge impact and your voice will be heard.
Here are some of the main reasons why people like working at Vestd:
- Flexible working environment: we’re a remote team (we run a daily video stand-up, plus regular in person meetups, when allowed).
- Competitive starting salary £40-£55k and will be dependent on experience.
- Equity (of course!) and the chance to share in the success of what we build together.
- Customers love our innovative product and the support that they receive, which makes working here very rewarding.
- We’ll teach you the ins and outs of shares and equity and you’ll get to understand the inner workings of some of the most interesting SMEs in the UK.
- Plenty of trust, autonomy and freedom to do great work.
- Team retreats twice a year.
- We believe in lifelong learning and you’ll get time and budget for training and conferences.
- Help us create a more equitable future where more people have a slice of the action.
This is a huge opportunity to grow with the Vestd business, we’re looking for somebody with initiative who can see both the business and their own growth path.
Please send your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover note, please include what attracted you to apply for this role with us, and how you meet the skills we are looking for.
If this sounds like music to your ears, we can’t wait to hear from you !
Vestd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
You will need to be primarily UK based and eligible to work in the country.