At Vestd we’re transforming a world dominated by ‘Capital’, to one which more fairly recognises the value, effort and contribution every team member makes to the success of a business.
We’ve built the UK’s first shares and equity management platform for SMEs and we make it easy for business owners to issue shares and options; compliantly, affordably and without all the usual headaches.
We are a rapidly growing team who passionately believe in the power of sharing ownership and are looking for a 3rd engineer to join a team where their knowledge of business structures will be as important as their development skills. You’ll get a huge amount of support and will have the opportunity to really make your mark as we continue to grow.
We’re looking for someone that has a proven track record of working with complex development solutions.
- Design and build a scalable, secure backend in PHP and Laravel
- Setup and maintain a cloud based infrastructure
- Help design and build new features based on customer requirements
- Development of APIs
- Integration of third party APIs
- Work on application performance and bug fixing
- Work closely with other Developers, Management and QA
- Work closely with Customer Support to help our customers be successful
- 5+ years experience
- Strong OO design and programming skills in PHP
- Experiences with Laravel or other modern php frameworks
- Knowledge of MySQL or similar database management systems
- Experience with web service integrations (JSON, XML)
- Experience with modern development processes; Test driven development, continuous integration etc.
- Good team and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Good command of English, spoken and written
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Bonus skills and attributes
- An understanding of company structures and share schemes
- Understanding shares and equity, Companies House, how UK limited companies are generally structured and the types of share schemes SMEs typically use
Why work for Vestd?
- We’re a small team doing very big things! Your work will make a huge impact and your voice will be heard.
- Help us create a more equitable future where more people have the opportunity to become owners through the creative contribution they make to businesses
- Competitive salary
- Flexible environment: We’re a remote team who meet in person every 2 weeks in either London or Brighton
- Plenty of trust, autonomy (with support where you need it of course) and freedom to do great work
- Team retreats twice a year
- We believe in lifelong learning and you’ll get time and budget for training and conferences
- Equity (of course!) and the chance to share in the success of what we build together
The salary will be based on the skills and experience of the right person, which could be anywhere between £30,000 - £45,000 per year. There is a big opportunity to grow with the Vestd business. We’re looking for somebody with initiative who can see both the business and their own growth path. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Vestd is an online platform that makes it easy for SMEs to issue shares and options; compliantly, affordably and without all the usual headaches. We currently have over 200 companies using the platform and are growing rapidly. Here’s what our customers have to say about using the product.